maomd
maomd,
31474244

I am making a film on fpc some of the film is made out of stills,

Customer Question

I am making a film on fpc some of the film is made out of stills, some animated with ken burn effect. There are all photos from different places in different file sizes. I have changed them all to jpeg. Some of the film is moving film from a digital camera so it is in quick time. My problem that some of the still pictures are very pixaled. They look fine in preview on the desktop, them once imported to final cou the file size drops and it looks pixalated in final cut. Do you have any ideas? Thanks from Rebecca
Category: Mac
Expert:  maomd replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

The pictures that are very pixalated, how do they look if you open the original?

Customer :

They are fine in the orginal form its just once they get into to fpc

Mark :

How did you change them to jpeg?

Customer :

First I got them from a computer with the archive photos and put them on a memory stick, next I imported them into i photo where I put them in order then I exported them turning them into j pegs to the desktop, then I draged them into fpc from there

Mark :

When you export to jpeg from iPhoto, you need to set the quality to the highest setting, or the compression to the smallest.

Mark :

Your newly exported photos should then retain the quality of the originals.

Customer :

I have tried that setting them to hihest setting on the slider but it still doesn't work

Mark :

Jpeg by design will still compress your images. You may want to export to PNG instead, if that works for you. PNG is a lossless codec and will not perform any compression at all.

Customer :

I will try in now.

Mark :

Great :)

Customer :

It is very slightly better, but still pixallated , just looked at it compared to the orginal and it s much worse yet the original is fine. It alsmost looks like the pixales are squared off in final cut, could I have got it stuck on a strange pixale setting?

Mark : It sounds like there is another setting causing it. I will research this a little more and let you know what I find.