Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

my screen turned green on my ipad and my warranty is out...

Customer Question

my screen turned green on my ipad and my warranty is out... can this be fixed
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

You can reset your iPad and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPad will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself.

Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tried that about 10 times
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Is your iPad is working ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It works but I cant really see nothing to good on the screen

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
We can try changing some settings and see if that works or not.

1. Tap ‘Settings’ icon located on the iPad home screen.

2. Then tap on ‘General’ option on the left column of Settings screen.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

3. Now tap on ‘Accessibility’ option and look for ‘White on Black’ option. Toggle or change the status of ‘White on Black’ between ON and OFF

Only click Accept after it worked.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Now it is a florecent green :(
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have looked everywhere to a solution to this... I have only seen one article that pertains to this... I am unsure if you ever heard of this also... Am I correct?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Change it back..Do you have iTunes installed on the computer ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I've heard of some graphics chip/card failure in iPads and if that is the case, you will have to take your iPad to Apple Store to replace it.

Best Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

might be cheaper to get a new one

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes for itunes
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Probably...The cost depends upon how serious the problem is. This is known problem with iPads. If restoring from iTunes doesn't worked, then it must be a hardware problem.

Could you please give me the serial number of your iPad ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure it is ; AKO1800GA90
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure the serial number is correct ? I can't check it..please confirm ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
AK018OOGA90 TRY THAT... HARD TO READ IT
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Okay...The correct serial is AK01800GA90 (the third letter is zero, not O).

This is a iPad 3G version, its worth fixing it. 3G version is costly.

Or you could buy the iPad 2 model if you don't want to fix it.

Only click accept if you are satisfied...

Best Regards,