Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field

Having great difficulty trying to attach two documents received

Having great difficulty trying to attach two documents received which I am to send as attachments to an email for work. One said download as zip (I printed a copy so I would not lose it); the other was sent as a hotmail message, which I am able to attach to an email I want to send via hotmail. I will be receiving several more of these and I believe they will come in as zip also. I am not very computer savvy, but there seems to be some kind of compatibility problem. Please help. I need to send these on after receiving the remaining messages. Many thanks. Ruth p.s. Love my Mac.
Arte you trying to forward the emails when this happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was trying to send a trial email to myself. I had simply indicated I wanted to send a 'new' email and had managed the first (hotmail) attachment. When trying (as a practice) to attach the second (download as zip) message I got stuck. I had already downloaded it to my Mac and saved as with a new name, but I couldn't seem to attach any way I tried. Worst case scenario - after I receive the others later today - I will have to retype everything and send. I will be very embarrassed if I can't manage this assumably very simple task.
When you tried to attach it what happened? Did you get an error?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As I recall, nothing happened. I tried to attach from its 'download' position, and also from its 'burn folder 2' position (I told you I just tried to hang on to it wherever; that's how it landed in 'burn folder 2'). Nothing happened as far as I recall.
Ok please download them and save them to your mac's desktop. Then try attaching them from there. What happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK The 'problem child' is now on my screen looking at me. So that worked. That was the download as zip file. The other message I got when I tried to download the email message (aha that one was sent to me as an actual email - the message was in the email itself, not an attachment - was that it was directly from the internet and did I want to download it. I said yes and it downloaded a blank document.
Is it a link to a webpage or is it text within the email itself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the latter
ok that you do not actually have to attach then right click on it and click on copy link or copy link location. Then open the new email and paste it. After that highlight it and click on the button in your email that looks like a link in a chain. That will make it a clickable link and will go straight to the webpage just like in the email you recieved.

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it will go straight to which webpage?
the same one it goes to when you click on it now.