John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I have just received an I Pad as a gift, took it out of the

I have just received an I Pad as a gift, took it out of the box and charged it. When charged I pressed the on button, but the applications did not appear as they should have at the very beginning. The only thing that I was able to see is the picture of the USB port connection and I tune sign.
Did I do something wrong, and why did the applications not appear. I am not technically inclined, so please if you could help me, I would be grateful. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to assist you on this question.

You didn't do anything wrong but, actually, you must use iTunes to setup the iPad before use.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes before attempting this:

* Connect the iPad to the computer with iTunes open

*The setup should begin and lead you through it.

* Enjoy your new iPad!

Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If it does, please click ACCEPT so I can be credited for assisting you today. If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this ticket. I will be more than happy to work with you further.