MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I loaded my iPhotos onto my iomega back drive, how do I get

Customer Question

I loaded my iPhotos onto my iomega back drive, how do I get them back onto my desktop
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• Make sure the Iomega drive is showing as an available icon on your desktop first -
This insures the drive is connected and available for you to access.

• Next, on an open section of your desktop, right click and select "New Folder"
- you will see a folder appear on your desktop
- Change the name to something easy for you to remember like "photos" or "my pictures" etc.
• Now go into your Iomega drive, then select and drag the photos you want to put onto that new folder on your desktop.
• Once all of the photos you selected are copied into your newly created desktop folder, do not attempt to open any of them yet.
• Instead, right click on one of the photos and select "Get Info"

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

You will see a long window like this vcard info window.
Right where you see "Open with:" make sure the drop down menu shows "iPhoto"

• If it does show iPhoto, then make sure to select the "Change All" button, IF it is not grayed out already. This will insure the all like photos imported into your Mac, will be first read with the iPhoto application.

Once you have completed this action, then try to open one of the photos.

It should open up, viewable in iPhoto.

Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

Be sure to bookmark this page in your web browser, so you can return to it, in the event you have to reboot your computer or leave from this session for a period of time.

Until then will be watching for your next reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Terry