Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

itunes will not allow me to delete tv shows that I have down

Customer Question

itunes will not allow me to delete tv shows that I have down loaded and watched. I highlight hit delete and nothing happens...I have 10.5.8 ... I just trashed itunes and downloaded a new one and still can not delete. I so have to get rid of some of these programs...
thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Do you get any error message? Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NO nothing... nada!
OK. Please right click the TV show and select "Delete".

Does it work?

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean by right click... ? I do not use a mouse..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is letting me delete shows I have not watched but not ones I have watched.
Are you on a MacBook laptop? you do right click pressing and holding the control key and then clicking the touchpad.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did not let me delete.. I see it but nothing happens.
OK, please follow the steps below to verify your disk and permissions:

1- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock)

2- Double click "Applications" on the left

3- Now double click the "Utilities" folder on the right

4- Double click "Disk Utility" to open it

5- Select "Macintosh HD" on your right, then click "Verify Disk". If the result is NOT OK,
click "Repair Disk"

6- Click "Verify Disk Permissions". If the result is NOT OK, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

7- Restart your Mac, but please first bookmark this page so you can come back again after the restart. The short link for this page is www.tinyurl.com/Question0931

Please keep me posted