Dan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac Technical Support Experience
17871496

cannot get safari

cannot get safari
Category: Mac
Expert:  CosumelEyes replied 3 years ago.

Ray Atkinson :

What kind of computer do you have?
What browser are you using to come to this site?

Ray Atkinson :

I do not want to assume much, but can I guess that you are using Internet Explorer right now?

Customer:

apple - i don't know the answerr about Explorer..sorry - I have an Apple I-Mac and know so little

Ray Atkinson :

Ok, that helps a lot. You are using a Mac.

Ray Atkinson :

Is there a name of the program at the top of the box that this website is in?

Customer:

What do you mean "program"?

Ray Atkinson :

Is there a name in the top of the box?

Ray Atkinson :

There is no need to hit accept until we are done. I have the button off

Ray Atkinson :

What are you using to get to this website?

Customer:

I turn machine "on"; use WWW.aol.com; go to "return" and check list thereon for "new mail"..does

Ray Atkinson :

Ok, understood. If you want to download Safari, you want to go to www.apple.com/safari/

Ray Atkinson :

You are using the AOL browser right now. That is the missing info I was looking for.

Ray Atkinson :

Safari is the best browser I know of for the Mac.

Customer:

this help

Ray Atkinson :

If you have other questions, let me know.

Customer:

what do I do now - turn of machine - start all over. I am confused.

Customer:

my question; what do I do now?

Customer:

I appreciate your efforts but I am still confused. I have used Safari for a long time but

Customer:

now no success..what amI doingthat is wrong?

Customer:

Do I wait ?

Customer:

am waiting for answers to above questions!

Customer:

I cannot agree to payuntil I receive an answer to my question (see above). Also I am very

Customer:

busy and need to get to an afternoon medical appt. Could I have some idea of when

Customer:

Mr. Atkinson will reply and as i have been without use of the Safari program for six or so

Customer:

days, I am so anxious to hear from him. With appreciatiion.

Ray Atkinson :

Are you unable to download Safari from http://www.apple.com/safari ?

Ray Atkinson :

I have to go out for a few hours this afternoon. I will be back in about 3 hours.

Customer:

Thank you - I hesitated trrying the address because i don'tknow how to get back

Customer:

toyou. i hate to appear so dumb but whenyou return will you tell me how to do this..with that

Customer:

information, i can then go to the new address youhave given me.

Customer:

i can'teven remember how i arrived at Light Streamer - all because I am so upset.

Customer:

If I go there and can't get back to you how willI be able to pay my bill if all goes

Customer:

well?

Customer:

I am eager for your reply but mustgo tomy kitchen for 10 minutes or so.

Customer:

Have returned - it is 4:29 p,m,

Customer:

I will be waiting for your reply all eveninng (Friday) but have to h ave answer to my

Customer:

last question re "safari". Please don't let me down. An assistant who wastotally familiar

Customer:

with this computer left my employ this week adn I am distraught. Thank you. i do want to

Customer:

pay my bill but I can't go ahead without a reply from you.

Customer:

Does
"initializing" or "in Chat" man that Mr. Atkinson will reply to my question abouthow to ay himfor his help if I leave

Customer:

this page in order to see if I can reach Safari on the address he recommended? Still needhelp.

Customer:

Please reply.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Click the following link and click "download" If that doesnt work you can log back into this website and reply as you are now.

http://www.apple.com/safari
Dan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Mac Technical Support Experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
l. I have trouble reaching Safari andtherfore cannot receive or answer mail. Mr. Atkinson suggested that I try"www.apple.com/safari. I amgoing to ry that now..will come back to you.
Please do notsendmeanandwweer by e-mail - that isthe problem -I get mail onSafari
andcannot get it -pleaseusethispage s alternative.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
I have to be last to reply so question doesnt show as open on my end but you can reply at any time if you have questions, thanks.