John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

how can i restore my mac book pro to an earlier date I have

how can i restore my mac book pro to an earlier date I have time machine

I can try to help you with this issue.

What is the specific problem that you are having trouble with and want to "undo" by using Time Machine?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been having trouble with my safari at home for the last 3 weeks whenever i go to safari and click a website I am interested in it goes to a website i did not ask for This does not happen anywhere else but home at the airport no problem at the office no problem. So someone suggested I download google chrome no success now i get an open dns site I can use bing I can use firefox but not safari to get to google I wanted to startt all over without the dns revert so I thought if I could go back in time it would help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CLICK SAFARI AND GOT TO GOOGLE AND WHEN I TYPE THE WEBISTE I WANT I WOULD LIKE TO GO DIRECLY TO THAT SITE WITHOUT BEING SENT SOMEWHERE ELSE
Okay,

Time Machine is best used for restoring specific files/folders to an earlier point but not so great for restoring the entire system to a specific point in time for issues like this. I would be weary that you may introduce additional problems by attempting that.

However, there have been a number of people that have the problem you seem to be having with Safari (choosing one site and ending up somewhere random and completely different).

If you don't mind losing your cookies, you can try the following to see if it fixes Safari's disobedience.
---
1. From your Safari menubar, click Safari > Preferences then select the Security tab. Click: Show Cookies. Delete all cookies or delete the cookies associated with the sites you have problems accessing.

2. Quit Safari.

3. Open a Finder window and navigate to:
(Home folder) > Library > Caches

4. Locate the folder named 'com.apple.Safari' and Move the file to the Trash.

5. Relaunch Safari.

Hopefully, this will help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok safari in trash How do i relaunch?

You should be able to then open Safari just as you always do.

By your reply it sounds like you may have misread a step and mistakenly deleted Safari itself?

If so, let me know and I'll walk you through how to undo this.