Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

netflix will not load on my ipad, just showing red screen/netflix

netflix will not load on my ipad, just showing red screen/netflix and connecting, but it does not load
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

I've ran into this issue a lot with my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4. What is comes down to is that the app is not completely optimal for the iOS yet. This is what I have done to correct it.

First, I "delete" the app. You can do this by holding down the NetFlix app on your springboard until it "wiggles". When it wiggles, press the X and agree to delete the app and its data.

Once it is deleted, hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time until your iPad goes completely black. Wait 15 seconds. Then hold the Power down until you see the Apple Logo.

After your iPad boots up, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings (this will wipe any WiFi passcodes or security keys that are saved to the device, but will clear the cache of the Netflix information). After this completes your iPad will reboot.

Upon reboot, go to Settings -> Safari -> press all the Clear options listed.

From there, go back to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

After your iPad reboots, reconnect to your WiFi (or 3G if you have it) and then go to App Store, and redownload/reinstall the Netflix app.

After it installs, hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time until your iPad goes completely black. Wait 15 seconds. Then hold the Power down until you see the Apple Logo.

After your iPad boots up, open Netflix, log in, and see if it works.

If it doesn't, try a different WiFi spot (or if on 3G, get on a WiFi spot) and then reboot the device and attempt to log in.

If it still doesn't work, the Netflix portal for the iOS device might just have an issue, you might need to just wait it out.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is at the point where you say go to app store app store will not open
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
What happens when you attempt to open the App Store?

Does it open and close or just nothing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
white screen comes up and it says loading thats all
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
Are you on WiFi or 3G?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wifi
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Okay "white screen/loading" usually means that your device isn't connecting stabling to the WiFi connection.

Do the Power/Home button hold down reboot method, move closer to the WiFi router, and then attempt the App Store again.

If that doesn't work, try a different WiFi connection.

Update me on the results.
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience: Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
whoo whooo, both netflix and apps are working