John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

I need the Excel Workbook Text Converter for MAC for Office

Customer Question

I need the Excel Workbook Text Converter for MAC for Office Version 2008. How do I get it. I'm not able to do a mail merge without it.

Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Could you tell me which command or action (or mouse click) is triggering this error message, and what is the exact error message that comes up
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent a long response and hopefully you got it -
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On the Mail Merge Manager in Word - I get the message "this file needs to be opened by the excel Workbook text converter which may pose a security risk. I click OK and get the message "The converter necessary to open this file cannot be found"
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You obviously didn't get my long response. Hopefully the above is enough information.
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

Nothing received from you other than the two general messages above

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since the long message obviously didn't get through -

I go to Mail Merge Manager in Word

After Get list, I choose my excel list with my addresses.

After I do that I get the messages I give you above.

In past, after those 2 messages, a word document is created with the addresses.

I don't know what else you want - Hopefully you're familiar with the Word Mail Merger Manager.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I won't be working on this further tonight. Hopefully I'll hear something that helps tomorrow. Good night -
Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.
Usually this error can be corrected by making sure your Office version is up to date. Please go to the site below, select your version and install the latest update for it

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the answer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I uninstalled my Office 2008 and reinstalled it. That solved my problem. I had hoped to download the routine and did try to update 2008 from Microsoft, but it just caused more problems. So I went back to my original idea. So sorry but your way just didn't work for me.

Have a Great Weekend -

Expert:  John D replied 5 years ago.

No problem, glad you got it sorted out