John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I am working on creating a SS. I know how to make columns,

Customer Question

I am working on creating a SS. I know how to make columns, etc.
I've worked with Excel for some time.
What I need to know now, is:

How can I make the heading in the first line remain put and not sort with the rest of the information.

Same question for the last line on a page.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ir order to make sure that the heading row does not get sorted, select all the data starting from the row below the header row (i.e. do not include the header row in the selection), then go to Sort and make sure that "No header row" is selected before you click the Sort button

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the answer

John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience: Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I asked for more information on the calculations of the same spread sheet - The calculations come up with "REF" and the information has disappeared.
If I add more names, and resort, the calculations get skewed!
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Hi again

I am not sure I understand your last message. Where did you ask for more information, and which calculation or spreadsheet are you referring to. Did you attempt to send me a file or something?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
To back up = I created a DB of names and orders for a book that we are creating. The DB includes names, addresses, number of item ordered, how many ordered - then we want to figure the total cost of each order, plus the tax paid on each order.

I have the Sort figured out as you suggested.

But when I added extra names in the original DB/SS, the subtotals and totals in the "tax paid" column somehow got confused, and instead of a figure, ie: 3.70) in the column, what I got was a notation that said, "Ref" and it seemed that I needed to re-enter the information.

So, my question is, how do I insert extra names which we will be doing later on, without having to re-enter totals already entered?
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok that sounds like it should be posted as a new question.

Make sure to post the Excel file with your new question so the experts can understand the question as it is still not very clear to me

Thanks