Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When reinstalling older versions of os x, all goes well and

When reinstalling older versions of os x, all goes well and then all of a sudden a message appears stating "waiting on you..." and the system freezes up. How can this be remeded? It has occurred with two computers. How can I uninstall or otherwise free the systems up? I have never seen this message before with any Apple computer.
Put the current operating system disk (the one that came with your Mac unless you have upgraded) in and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. When you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, when it opens select your drive on the left and select Verify Disk if OK also repair Permissions. If not OK try to Repair if Repair completes then Repair Permissions. Then quit Disk Utility and then you will see the install screen . Install choosing the option to Archive and Install if you don't have that option just install. Restart and run Software Update until no more updates are available.
Still need help?
You could at least have the courtesy to answer me.