Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

There are all these vertical lines across my computer screen.

Customer Question

There are all these vertical lines across my computer screen. They just appeared and it makes it difficult to see my screen in this section. Is there anything that can be done about it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

Greetings, I'm Adam, I'll be helping you solve your issue!

Is this on a laptop?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is not a laptop. This is my desktop computer
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.
Is the monitor LCD?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is.
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

Have you tried any other inputs on the LCD monitor (if it has more then one)?

Also, can you try another computer with the screen to make sure it is not a computer issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you know anything about Macs? The screen is not a separate monitor. The computer and monitor are all in one.
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

What is the model number of this MAC desktop?

Most have the ability to connect to another video source VIA a RGB cable but I will look that up when I know what MAC computer this is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Regardless, I don't have another video source to which I can connect.
Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: iMac5,2

Serial Number: W8635046WH5
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.

I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, thanks for trying.
Expert:  Adam replied 3 years ago.
No problem, I could not find much about that MAC online besides pictures of them on google. (Haha)