Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Whenever I play eucre on Yahoo games, my Mac. freezes up and

Whenever I play eucre on Yahoo games, my Mac. freezes up and costs me to lose points or hit the wrong card. It happens mostly when the person on my right plays.
Anything I can do?
I understand I have a balance in my account.
Joyce
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Processor 1.42 GHzPowerPCG4
Memory 1.25GBDDR SDRAM
Where do I go to Macintosh HD to find Applications folder inside?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
On the desktop you never saw your hard drive before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I double clicked on disk utility. Nothing happened.
Couldn't find hard drive to high light it. Stuck.
I am 78 and this is over my head.
Sorry.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok what system version you missed that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I can't find anything. I quit.
Thanks for trying to help me but my technical knowledge is terrible.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You got this far:

You just missed the system version and I don't take age as an excuse my nother is much older than you..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found the version. I had overlooked it. I gave your the Processor and Memory before.
The version is10.4.11
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok restart and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. After it starts up restart normally then try it again, let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did and it restarted normally.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok now go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and run that.. install any updates.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok updated and ran that
No updates to install.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK try your games and let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. hope it works.
Will let you know.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well it worked. I won a game without freezing.

Thanks. I accept
Thanks
Joyce
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Great!!
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I see you posted another question what is the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well the same problem happened today only worse. I tried to play euchre on Yahoo games. It played three hands and then froze up. Then I could not get it to play. Can you help me?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok first try going to Safari / Reset Safari if the problem persists get Firefox and use that to play the game and tell me if it still happens, get it here:

http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.21&os=win&lang=en-US
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. playing on firefox is the answer. I played and won two games with no freezing.
Thanks so much Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok if that works great!!!