Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

Hello, my name isXXXXX but I am changing my

Customer Question

Hello, my name isXXXXX but I am changing my last name back to my birth name and I'm getting a new Apple computer should be here next week and have a brand new iPod original just came in today can I register it and my new computer with my new legal name but get the music off my iPad that has my old name on it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

You can get the songs off the iPad only if the songs were purchased (not ripped or obtained illegally). When you plug it into the new computer, it will tell you that you can transfer purchases.