Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

cant slide to lock or unlock ipod touch. Touch part not

Customer Question

can't slide to lock or unlock ipod touch. Touch part not working
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You can reset your iPod and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPod will automatically restarts and return to normal. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself.
graphic
Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have tried the above info.did not work i'm afraid.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hold down the buttons until it reboots. If that didn't worked then let it drain out the battery completely. Then after that, charge your iPod and reset it. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
battery is fully charged,it will be days before it runs out as i can't use it because i can't unlock it.i know you have done your best to help me but i think i will just bring it into to apple store.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Since it's unresponsive to reset, there will be trouble restoring. Just wait 1 or 2 days and battery will drain out completely. And this will turn off all components inside it. Then charge it and reset it. If it unresponsive and if the reset still not working, the store might not able to fix it, Instead they will give new one for free if it's under warranty.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
BTW, I forgot to ask. doesn't your iPod restarts when you reset it ? Is it showing USB cable pointing to iTunes ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You can try to restore your iPod to factory settings by putting it to DFU Mode. So put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and then restore your iPod from iTunes. Follow the instructions in here to put your iPod to DFU Mode : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl5mXtmBusE

If you restore, everything on it like Musics, Videos, Purchased Apps etc will be erased from it. However if you've synced it with computer, you can restore the contents back after restoring it.

In DFU mode your iPod will remain blank...If that didn't then it might be defective and you have to take it to the Store.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry problem still not solved.my luck it's defective as it's not under warrenty now.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
doesn't your iPod restarts when you reset it ? Is it showing USB cable pointing to iTunes ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help but iPod is faulty,digitiser? is gone. unfortunately I will not be paying 41euro as I now have to pay for repair. thanks again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Contact [email protected] for refund
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No unfortunatly you were not able to solve problem as I have explained in previous answer.
Had to bring it into the Apple Store .They told me the digitiser is gone and it needs to be repaired.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am concerened I have been charged 41euro.How do I know this is not the case?. If you had been able to fix problem I would have been more than willing to pay for same but as i have explained I now have to pay for repair .
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You made Deposit to unlock answer, Contact [email protected] for refund
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
  1. Decide if you want to pay your Expert Your personal deposit remains in your JustAnswer account until you decide to spend or withdraw it.
  2. I'm sorry , I understand from the above statment that if I decide not to pay that is my choice. I had tried all the things you suggested before i asked for help.The problem was not resolved and so i choose not to pay. You are committing fraud if you take 41euro from me without my permission.Please respond.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
How many times do i have to tell you, contact [email protected] for refund