Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am sick of a notice that I have been disconnected from chat

I am sick of a notice that I have been disconnected from chat because I have signed on to
a different computer. I do not use and do not want to use chat. When that notice comes up it discontinues whatever I'm working on. [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

What program is this happening in?

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure what you are asking, but it happens when I'm into email, games, etc. I use firefox.
What web site is this occurring on?

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anything I have open on my IMac--
Obviously, I am not tech savvy.
Sorry; this category is for Windows. I will opt out and move the question to Mac. Thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What chat are you referring to?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have no idea. The notice just pops up no matter what I'm into--email, games, google, etc. It says, "You've been disconnected from chat because you have signed in at a different computer." It's always on the only computer I use. When it pops up, it stops whatever I'm doing and goes back to some previous screen--maybe an earlier email I've opened.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What you need to do is locate where the chat is in Yahoo! Mail and where the status message is sign out of it which will make you Offline for chat.

1. For Yahoo! Classic Mail chat: it is located in a blue box on the left, labeled “Chat & Mobile Text,” just change your status to Sign out of chat which will make you offline.

2. In the All-New Yahoo! Mail you sign out of chat at the very top of the page to the right of where it says "Hi, your name" You will see a drop down arrow click and choose "Sign out of chat." Your status in for chat in Yahoo! Mail will change to offline and chat will be disabled.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.