James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

I had a computer break down while I was backing up my iPad. Then

I had a computer break down while I was backing up my iPad.
Then you guys helped me get my music back but every time I go on to iTunes it keeps asking me to down load about 40 songs that are back on my iPad and I can play theses songs with no trouble. I have redownloaded these 40or so songs 3 times already. How do I get this cleaned io?
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Did you also download the music to your computer?

Thanks

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, but that computer has died it was a compaq have ordered an Apple to replace it but will not get it till next week.
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Ok.

Once the computer arrives, you need to download the music to the computer - it is not enough to have it on the iPad, because then they are out of sync, and this is why you are getting the message.

You can use a special software to copy the music from the iPad to the Apple (all of the music). Here is such software:

http://www.ipad-to-itunes.com/guides/export-songs-from-ipad-to-mac.html

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just to be sure I understand I should download from that address to my new computer then hookup my iPad and you think that will fix it or do you mean I should download from the address to my iPad now?
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
The first one.
Download from that address to the new apple computer, and it will allow you to copy all the music from the iPad to the new apple computer - and the message will stop coming up.

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX thing a bought an iTunes the other day that is not working and sent the info to the problem with card department but have not hear back if there is anything you can do to hurry them up I would be grateful I guess I should not try to download any songs until I get my new computer and clean up my iPad?
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
I would actually recommend that you wait until you have your new computer, and you get everything synced - and only then download new apps/music.

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cool but what about my iTunes card?
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
You can still use the card - you will sign in to iTunes on the new comptuer with the same user ID and password, so the card will still apply.

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So you guys have recognized the card as being ok?
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Once you link the card to the iTunes ID, it stays linked, doesn't matter on which computer.

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What I'm saying is the card will not register and can you get them at the card problem section to get me an answer why.
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Oh - I understand.

For card problems, please fill out this form:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html

Please don't forget to hit the Accept button for me so I can get credit for my time helping you.

Thanks!

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already did that and have not heard back can you speed them? Is what I'm asking.
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Oh - I understand. I'm sorry but I'm not connected to them at all so can't help with this. I can only help with technical questions like the one I answered for you.

Thanks!

J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help will have to wait on the card and the computer. But I guess Sr. Does not carry the weight I had hoped it would. Just giving you a hard time you did well.
Thanks Ken
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Ken!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just one think I only tip people I work face to face with like bartenders,waiters,maids and the guys who detail my cars. I hope they are paying you well enough that you do not need tips. This service is not free it is not even cheap
so if that makes me an a hole so be it. Otherwise you were great.
Thanks again.
Ken
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
No worries Ken - glad I could help!