Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My account was taken over by a crook who sent me an e-mail

My account was taken over by a crook who sent me an e-mail that looked like it came from GMAIL asking to verify my e-mail address and password. This person has confiscated all my e-mails and is asking all my contacts for $ to help him (posing as me) as he says he is stuck in Edinboro, Scotland and has been ripped off. I have already contacted most of my friends with my new e-mail address (I also have a different password), but how do I - or GMAIL get rid of my former address [email protected] AND is there any way for me to get my e-mails back? David Shapiro
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You would have to contact Google only they can do that if you can’t get into the account. It will probably be closed soon anyway if the crook is doing bad things with it.