Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I cannot get the store to pull up on my computer. after a

I cannot get the store to pull up on my computer. after a few minutes it will have some boxes with little X's in the corner, but they wont open. It will have names of singers and songs in blue and you can click on them but the store window still doesnt open.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

So what I understand is that the itunes store does not open in your computer, correct?

Let's uninstall and reinstall itunes.

Let's go to the control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour.

Then restart the computer and install itunes from

www.apple.com/itunes/download

let me know whether this resolves the issue.

Thank You
Vinod

click on accept only after your issue is resolved...
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Now I cant get anything to come up. It tells me that it my itunes cannot be read because it was created by a new version. I tried to go online and download a newer version, but I cannot get itunes to open. It wants to reload itunes again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have reloaded it twice now and I got it to at least get my old music back on but i still cannot see the itunes store at all. it acts like it is going there and all of my folders are still on the left hand side, but no store, just a blank page.
Sorry for the late reply...:(

My internet connection went off and it was late night here in India, so I could not go out either.

itunes store showing a blank page is a recent issue. It usually is resolved after an uninstall and reinstall of itunes.

Let's uninstall all those components again and reinstall itunes. This time, turn off your antivirus and firewall in the computer, if you use any.

Also, make sure you restart the computer after all the components are uninstalled.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will do that tonight and try to get it to come back on. I will respond to you as quickly as I can. Thanks

Bo

no problem...take your time...

Let me know if it still won't resolve the issue.

I will be unavailable for the next 8-10 hours as it is almost midnight here in India. But I will respond once I am up.
issue resolved??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that worked. Can I turn my firewall back on? Is it safe to not have it on?

Thank you very much.

Good to know that...:)

you can now turn the firewall back on
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok I will do that. THanks you very much.