Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

After loading lion, I am now getting pop-ups saying NotificationExec

Customer Question

After loading lion, I am now getting pop-ups saying NotificationExec is no longer supported. I cannot find what this relates to. Please tell me how to get this pop up to stop.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Navigate to: XXXXX XXXXX – you should see NotificationExec.app in that folder
Go to Force Quit (Apple menu) and make sure there aren’t any instances of the popup hanging out
Wait for the popup and click: “Not Now”
Then trash: NotificationExec.app
You may have to enter your admin password XXXXX you can change Finder
Empty trash and resume life!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This answer I had found on line, and it didnt work, because I cant find library/driversupport
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok sorry in Lion it is hidden. Go to Go at the top of the screen and type in ~/Library
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Go / Go to Folder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Go to top of which screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I cant get access to the computer now becasue it's off line. So I will try this later. Do I approve now, or wait until I get on the computer?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Either way you can come back here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if I approve now, and I still have an issue, I can get with you tonight or tomorrow without having to pay again? Correct?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike, it still can't find notification exec!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok there are two Libraries one in your home folder and one in Macintosh HD, did you look in both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only looked in both. Only thing that cones up is a read me file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes both
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
So you went to Macintosh HD/Library/Driver Support/ – you don't see NotificationExec.app in that folder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
correct
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a Maxtor One Touch drive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yesbut I can’t find it either!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Go to System Preferences / Users & Groups / choose your name and go to Login Items if you see it there select it and hit the minus sign, then see if it is in Applications folder and trash it there too.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not there
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What about Applications?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its not anywhere including trash
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok look in both Libraries / Startup Items
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don’t see anything. I am not sure if i am searching properly,
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I just want you to open the folders and look manually, that is what you are doing right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that’s right
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok then now do a Spolight search for
NotificationExec
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just getting the same stuff on line
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Well what is right is right should I just stop??? There aren't different solutions other than what others tried that is how knowledge works. up to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Who do you suggest I get this fixed with?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
That is what we are trying to do.... did you search?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, Im not finding anything re Lion. Lot of noise about Rosetta, and snow leopard.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No I meant did you search in Spotlight for NotificationExec???
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
There has got ot be a /Library/Driver Support/ folder somewhere. You checked the invisible Library??? Go / Go to Folder and put in

~/Library

????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and then... l look for notificationexec?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes I said that earlier I assumed you did it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thats right
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK did you search in Spotlight? I ask again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. I don’t understand why though.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Because we are looking for NotificationExec???? What do you think we have been doing? Am I not making it clear enough?? You know what Spolight is right?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
look in startup Items for

MxBtDaemon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope. End the session.
Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
ok