Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

i am trying to get Old aTime Radio shows from a CD to a M3U

Customer Question

i am trying to get Old aTime Radio shows from a CD to a M3U or MP3 play list for the Ipod

The files on the dish show MP3 , however I think there are some ID3 headers that are the problem, I would like th transfer the files from the CD to Playlist without haveing to play them all.

Thanks
Jerry XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried importing them into iTunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I amnot sure how to do that
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Open iTunes with the CD in and go to File / Add to Library then choose your CD.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had some on the IPod and they were erased somehow when trying to get others on, they are still listed in the Plat list, but when i try to play one, it calls fot the CD, can I restore them somehow, ot just reload

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you go to File / Add to Library?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not sure, but all of the titles are showing, maybe I should delete all of those and reload
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I am guessing that is just showing the CD does it have a CD icon in the left column? You need to got o File / Add to Library.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is not showing the icon, but under playlist they are there, but when I try to get info, it comes back, can not find and wants to look on D: drive, and when try to snyc there is nothing there I will try again with a different disk that is not listed on the playlist
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Go to iTunes / Preferences / Advanced is Copy files to iTunes media folder checked?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You need to check that, that is your problem when you go to Add to Library it leaves the files where they were in this case on the CD.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would you recimmend that I delete all of the playlist that do not have anything on them and restart ?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No first go to File / Library / Organize Library then check Consolidate files. This will try to put all the music in the iTunes folder it may ask for the CD.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It seems as though that nothing is happening, Do I need to restart ITunes every time?

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No as long as that is now checked add the CD to the Library again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I belive that we finally got it working

Thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Great!!!