Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When I open Safari and then yahoo mail, I get the the spinning

Customer Question

When I open Safari and then yahoo mail, I get the the spinning rainbow when I try and open my email inbox. I think this started with the new version of yahoo mail. Other web pages work but not the Yahoo mail. I can use Firefox to open the mail, but it often crashes and then sends a report to firefox. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just sent the answer but here it is again just in case:
Version 10.6.8
Processor 2.13 GHZ
Memory 4 GB

The Verify Disk was OK but I repaired it anyway.

Daryl
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
So Verify Disk was OK in green and then you Repaired Permissions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure it was in green, but it said it was OK. And then I Repaired Permissions.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK go to Apple Logo to Software Update.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, it is updated. There was 1 installation that had to do with photos.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will installing the latest version of Firefox fix the Safari problem with Yahoo mail (the spinning rainbow?)
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No I meant try Yahoo with Firefox.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, Yahoo is working with Firefox. But I just tried Safari and still get the spinning rainbow when I try and open an email in the inbox.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You will just have to use Firefox some sites just don't work with a particular browser.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can just use Firefox. But I used to be able to use Safari for the Yahoo Account. Do you know why Safari doesn't support Yahoo mail anymore?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I gitch it will prbably be fixed at some point but nothing more we can do.