Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

When playing slide show in presenter mode it always reverts

When playing slide show in presenter mode it always reverts to using IMac monitor as the audience display and third monitor as presenter note monitor and nothing on the monitor I selected as audience monitor. I select this second monitor as audience monitor and it always automatically resets to the aforementioned set up
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Are you referring to Keynote?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You may have to make the Desktop the display you want the presenter notes on first. Try that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's the problem, I cannot seem to select the desktop as the presenter note display. Am I doing it wrong or what? The screen asks me to select the audience monitor, not the note monitor. So the desktop, by default, is the audience monitor while the secondary monitor is the note monitor.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes I tried it here and it does not change I meant make the change in the System Preferences / Dispaly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Go to System Preferences / Displays and under Arrangement drag the white bar to the other monitor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Right now it is on the iMac monitor, where should I move it?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Wherever you want the presenter display, I tried it and it works.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to use two monitors, the second screen and a third projector as well. Is this part of the problem. I get the notes on the third screen, audience display on the computer and nothing on the secondary monitor.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sorry you mean you want to keep the Mac desktop on one of them?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IMac display as the note display; the second projector using the miniDV output as audience display, the third projector using a USB to VGA out as audience display.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No that won't work you would have to just split the output to use two monitors as the audience display.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. But the only solution is every time I want to use PowerPoint I have to change the display order in preferences. Is this a Powerpoint problem that they should address? Or another alternative?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is a bug in PowerPoint.