Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

Hi I have just purchased a macbook air. I have purchased

Customer Question

I have just purchased a macbook air. I have purchased and downloaded MS Office for Mac. I have a Hotmail Plus (paid) account and I would like to use Mac Office Outlook to sync with this online account (all of my folders, contacts & calendars Etc) Currently, I have only been able to download my inbox but without folders etc. My sent items, contacts and calendar did not download. I have tried adding this account as an'email account' and also an 'exchange' account but, on the exchange account, I did not know all of the server / domain details. Please, any idea how I can get this hotmail account (folders, sent, contacts, calendar Etc) onto and to sync on the Mac?

On my windows PC my hotmail account in Outlook is shown as a 'MAPI' type. This syncs perfectly. I had to download 'Outlook Connector'

Note, my iPhone4, also syncs perfectly to my hotmail plus account!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. You can use Outlook for Mac 2011 to send and to receive messages from your hotmail plus account.

Before you begin, make sure that you have the correct user name and password. First, sign in to your web-based account to make sure that you have all the information. If you do not enter the correct user name and password, you will receive an error message when you try to send or receive email.

Set up Outlook 2011 with your web-based account
  1. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
  2. In the Accounts window, click theE-mail Account button.

3. The Enter your account information dialog box will appear. In the E-mail address box, type your web-based email address. For example, type

4. Click Add Account.
  5. In the Accounts window, verify the information, and then close the window.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have already done what you suggest above. The account opens and I get my inbox but no inbox folders, sent items, contacts & calandar Etc. I tried using the microsoft exchange set up but I need the server settings for for my windows hotmail plus account?

The servers are (Incoming mail server) and (Outgoing Mail server).

Note: Hotmail plus required logon using secure password XXXXX (SPA) if there is an option to select it, you need to select that option.

Read this blog post for more details.