Justin
Justin, Network Admin
Experience:  10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),
2888018

How can I sync the contact list and calendar events from my

How can I sync the contact list and calendar events from my iPhone to iPad?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

So what I understand is that you want to sync the contacts and calendars from iphone to ipad, correct?

Let's try this. Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. To the left side of the itunes, your iphone name will be listed below "devices". Right click on the iphone name and click on "backup".

Once it is done, disconnect the phone and connect the ipad. Your ipad name will be listed to the left side of the itunes now. Right click on it and select "restore from backup" and select the iphone backup.

let me know whether this resolves your issue.

Thank You
Vinod

click on accept only after your issue is resolved...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My iPad didn't receive the contacts and events from my iPhone
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My iPad didn't receive the contacts and events from my iPhone. How long do I have to wait?
Ok. Let's try it again. Connect your phone and click on "backup".

now connect your ipad. It will start syncing. You can see the sync progress at the top of the itunes (it might say something like "syncing abc's ipad" ). Click on the "x" button next to it so that the sync stops.

Now right click on the ipad name and click on "restore from backup"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried again.it doesn't work. I still do not get the contacts and events
how did you transfer the contacts to the iphone? Did you sync it from the computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The contact was transfer from PalmOne Treo to the iPhone done by Apple staff at the Apple store when I bought the iPhone
If the restore from iphone backup did not solve the issue, then I am out of options unfortunately...:(

I think I will opt out here, so that other experts can take over...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so other expert is viewing my question?
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
You can go through the mess that is Itunes (the previous experts advice is accurate, syncing to Itunes, then to your other devices. Sounds like the sync itself is not functioning). Plug in the iphone and click ont he device. On the top right, click INfo and you should be able to adjust the sync information and settings to your liking.

But I'd like to recommend an alternative app (that is free) called Bump.

http://bu.mp/faq

Link is below.

Download it on both devices from the app store. I'm 100% sure it works for Contacts, and almost positive it works with Calendars (as well as pictures, videos, apps, etc).

The FAQ I posted has videos on its functionality as well, once its setup though its pretty easy to use.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I install BUMP in both iPhone and iPad, most of the contact have been successfully instal to my iPad, that is great. But the calendar events cannot be transferred.
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Yeah I just read it over, Apple hasn't released the API so programmers can add this feature.

Which leaves you back to Itunes.

Clearly the sync is not happening. So what'd I'd do, is with the iphone plugged in. Click the Reset Sync history.

Then close Itunes, disconnect the iphone. Reconnect it and set up the sync again, hopefully it will sync properly at that point.

You may have to repeat these steps with the Ipad.

You'll see things Sync at the top when its working. YOu can also right click the iphone under devices to force the sync.

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
  3. Click the Devices tab.
  4. Click the Reset Sync History button.

Now, on the Ipad (NOT the iphone)

Do this:

1. Reset the Sync History again using the steps above.
  2. Select the device in iTunes and click the Info tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Advanced section, and under "Replace information on this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch" select Contacts or Calendars.
  4. Click Apply.

Close Itunes, open Itunes, let it try to sync again. The goal here is to get a fresh updated sync from the iphone, and then replace the data on the ipad.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did on my iPhone, then iPad. After did the 4 steps , click the inf tab and find the Advance section, unable to select any thing, it will not allow to click on any item
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Check preferences, devices, and be sure that "prevent ipods and iphones from syncing automatically" isn't checked.

Disconnect the iphone (right click it in itunes under devices and click Eject).

Close Itunes.

Plug the phone in, itunes should open automatically, then check the info to see if the options are available.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it doesn't work. I've to go to bed, it is 3:18am. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks anyway.

Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Alright.

When you wake, do these steps.

First, attempt to upgrade Itunes.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then disconnect, reconnect devices.

If that doesn't work follow this guide I created:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vGG5zEp6suqfxuyWwkXcPGP5_aiLJuNaBx1ZHT7R1Fw/edit?hl=en_US

Then restart.

Uninstall itunes and reinstall it from scratch (you won't lose your data in your library's like music and such).

Do this by going to start, control panel. Select Programs. Uninstall it from there, and try the sync again.

Reinstall it from the link I already gave you (but here it is again)

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Let me know tomorrow.
Justin, Network Admin
Experience: 10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll try tomorrow then. Do I talk to you tomorrow or some one else?
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Me, I'm not always here but I'll respond the moment I can. Just return to www.justanswer.com and click My Questions on the top right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks!