Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I was updating my contacts files when it all went blank. not

Customer Question

I was updating my contacts files when it all went blank. no files. I tried syncing with my imac to get my address book but it doesn't sync any information. I keep getting a message that "nothing has downloaded to the ipad because there is another sync in progress. As far as I know there isn't and the banner says the sync is complete. What should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.

I am Vinod. i will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Did you mean the ipad screen is blank now?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No,

The ipad is live but there is no content in my contacts app. I had all my contacts as I was editing some and then all the information went away. Nothing
sorry to hear that..:(

not sure what might have happened there. So when you tried to sync with the computer, it says some other sync was in progress, is that correct?

let's try an ipad reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If that does not solve the issue, let's restart the computer and then try to sync the ipad

let me know whether this helps. click on accept only after the issue is resolved..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK Sync in progress. For some reason IPhoto opens so I just close it.

I now have the contacts information. What happened to cause the contact file to go blank and show no content?

Do I need to look at the settings?
It has nothing to do with the ipad settings. I think the ipad may have been frozen while updating the contacts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, do i hold the power and home button each time this happens?
I don't think it will happen again as freezes occur rarely.. If it happens again, you can try the same step. But if this happens often, then it might be some software issue in the ipad and we have to try the restore of the ipad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks.

I will push the accept button.
Thank You..:)