Justin
Justin, Network Admin
Experience:  10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),

I cant open xfinity by comast.net. I get 400 bad request

I can't open xfinity by comast.net. I get 400 bad request
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Please do the following.

First, create a password XXXXX Justanswer. Click My Account on the top right, click Edit Password. Set it twice, click Save changes (this is so you can return after).

Now with Safari. Click Safari on the top left, click Empty Cache then select Empty. Now go to Safari > Preferences.

Select Bookmarks, click Show Cookies. Click Remove All (or specifically everything that has to do with Comcast).

Close and reopen Safari. Test Comcast.

Alternatively, there should be a gear on the top right, like a tools Icon in which you can empty the cache and cookies.

Now keep in mind, with the newest Safari, Xfinity Full connect has issues. You may want to switch over to the lite version for now. (its a noted incompatibility).

To switch to Lite, using Firefox:

To switch from XFINITY Connect full version to the Lite version:

• Click the Preferences tab
  • Click General
  • Select XFINITY Connect Lite
  • Click Save

Once finished, sign out (on both Safari and Firefox) and then sign back in. After making the switch, all browsers will switch to the lite mode and you shouldn't have compatibility issues.

Please try all steps in order and let me know the results on each.

Thank you

To return to me after go to www.justanswer.com and click My Questions at the top right or Login.

Justin, Network Admin
Experience: 10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),