Dan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac Technical Support Experience
17871496

I am debating between an ipad and an iphone. I use very little

Customer Question

I am debating between an ipad and an iphone. I use very little data or texting and I also do not use a phone a lot.
I would like to know what the ipad cannot do as compared to a Dell computer and what might be my wisest choice to buy at this time?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I have an iPad and an iPhone, the biggest difference is the screen size.
The iPad can be used as a phone using Skype or FaceTime. SO can the iPhone but the iPhone can also be a phone in its own right.

As a road warrior the iPad cannot be beat if you don't need real heavy lifting done. I do suggest the 3G model with Wi-Fi, gives you options if you want, you do not have to use the 3G and a data plan if you don't want to at this time.

The days of unlimited data are gone, all data plans are tiered but usually are enough.

The iPad can do texting and a great host of other things. Have you put your hands on the iPad or iPhone? I suggest doing so at an Apple store or Verizon/AT&T store to see the difference.

From your description I would recommend the iPad.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to know the difference between the ipad and a computer and what the ipad CANNOT DO
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. If you use a computer much your better off with a laptop then a ipad....I have a ipad and the only thing that its used for is my kid to play on....alot more time consuming to do the basic things....Cant use memory sticks on it ect...The Ipad is the same thing as the iphone but without the phone option and bigger...I'd get the iphone over the ipad.