Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mac Lion OS 1. How do I add/delete items from the favorites

Mac Lion OS

1. How do I add/delete items from the favorites list on the sidebar in Finder? There are some things in there that really shouldn't be there.

2. When I do a "save as" type action such as "back up database", it only gives me a limited number of places I can save. I would like to be able to go down another level, but it won't let me. How do I do this? For example, I can save to the desktop, but I can't save to a folder on the desktop because I see no option to do so. This always forces me to first save to desktop, then move the file manually to where I want it.

Thanks.
Click on the arrow next to the file name to bring up more options

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX feel a little stupid.

What about the first question?

There is no Favorites on my Lion Finder do you mean iTunes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
http://dailygizmonews.com/2011/07/29/how-to-re-arrange-the-finder-sidebar/

My favorites includes folders I haven't touched in years and I can't figure out how to remove them. They're not one of the option shown in the finder preferences as mentioned in the article above.
Oh I see why can’t you use the Finder / Preferences / Sidebar?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already told you why. "They're not one of the options shown in the finder preferences as mentioned in the article above."

For example, the favorites side bar has a folder called "Bowflex Blaze Pictures". There is no option to uncheck this in preferences. I haven't touched this folder in about 2 years, I have no idea why it is in the favorites.
Sorry, right click on each and go to Remove from Sidebar