Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I get two-sided printing in Microsoft Word for MAC.

Customer Question

How do I get two-sided printing in Microsoft Word for MAC. Items downloaded print 2 sides in Preview, but not in Word.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Click on the arrow next to the printer for advanced settings:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You haven't given me any direction. I have gone to those menus but 2 sided printing does not appear in Word for MAC
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What settings do you see in the list right under Presets?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
It is also called Duplex Printing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In the printer setting duplexing is checked but does not appear in Word
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What model printer is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HP C7280 Photosmart all in one. Remember - duplex works in PREVIEW, just not in Word for Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What version of Word and also please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Word for Mac 2008 12.0.0
Mac 10.6.8 ! GB

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4
Serial Number (system): 738053JMX85
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B63B00E42

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

An update was there that had nothing to do with printing. It is installed but changes nothing about my problem. I'm leaving the computer now. If it isn't terrible rain in the morning, I'm playing golf. Check the weather in Delray Beach , Florida. Otherwise I will be in after 3 pm. I appreciate that you are trying, but so far to no avail. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok but we have to use the latest version of software, next I would go to Apple logo to Software Update to see if there are driver updates for the printer let me know when you are back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No updates seem to be apt. The illustration you sent me was of no use. Two sided printing does not appear in the menu.

I guess that I will have to switch to PAGES if you can't help me.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Do you see duplex printing? You have to click where on my picture it says Firefox.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is all over. Word for Mac 2008 does not support duplexing. This answer was supplied by HP. Even though you tried mightilly, it turns out that the answer was much simpler than we thought. I'll split the fee with you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
I have many printers and they all print from Word 2008 as duplex, if HP told you that then I won’t dispute it but it is not a problem with Office it is a problem with HP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My HP prints duplex in Firefox, Safari and Preview.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok I am just telling you what I know. That is a function of the printer driver not Office.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
This particular printer does not have the option but you can see where it would be in the printer dialogue from Word:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here