OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I NEED APPLE PHONE NUMBER

I NEED APPLE PHONE NUMBER
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Do you need the number for iTunes (Apple) support or your local Apple store?

Customer:

yes

OSXpert :

What is your zip code?

Customer:

&&éé-

OSXpert :

can you please type it again, it didn't come across

Customer:

i am using a different laptop instead of my mac and the numbers are not working

OSXpert :

spell them out for me (e.x. eight, three, etc...)

Customer:

one.one.two.two.six.

OSXpert :

Looks like the SoHo store is the closest to you, here is the information for it:

103 Prince Street
New York City, NY 10012
(212)(NNN) NNN-NNNN

OSXpert :

If you need to contact iTunes for a question with your account, call: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

what about the problem of my mac

OSXpert :

I only know what you've told me -- you just asked for Apple's phone number

Customer:

and i paid money for that

OSXpert :

I'll work with you on your Mac, but you haven't told me what's wrong with it. I need as much detail as possible to help solve your problem

Customer:

it has freezed i cant log and out and even to shut it down

OSXpert :

okay, do you get any responses at all from the keyboard / mouse?

Customer:

yes it makes sound

OSXpert :

what kind of Mac are you running?

Customer:

macbook air

OSXpert :

okay, hit Control+Command+Eject

OSXpert :

it should restart your computer

Customer:

its not restarting

OSXpert :

Okay, hold the power button down for 6 seconds

OSXpert :

it should power your Mac down

OSXpert :

Then power it back up normally

Customer:

good

Customer:

thanks very much and what was the problem

OSXpert :

You bet.

It's hard to say. If it becomes a recurring problem, we'll need to investigate the possibility of it being a hardware problem. This happens from time to time (especially on Mac OS X 10.7, Lion).

OSXpert :

For now, it's safe to continue using your Mac. However, if it continues behaving like this -- it may need to be examined for hardware defects.

Customer:

thank you and have a good night

OSXpert :

same to you, thanks again. If you're completely satisfied with the information from this session, please click Accept. If not, let's continue troubleshooting until you get the assistance you need

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin