OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

i cannot access apps due to changing apple id from deleted

Customer Question

i cannot access apps due to changing apple id from deleted spammed aol account to gmail account as apple id in my iphone 4
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available?

Customer:

yes

OSXpert :

okay, great...try this...

OSXpert :

on your iPhone, tap Settings->Store->Sign Out

OSXpert :

Then type in the new AppleID for your Gmail account

Customer:

i went to store but dont see where to sign out

OSXpert :

Do not tap the "App Store", follow my instructions above exactly

Customer:

oh it says my new apple id on this page, but when i try to purchase apps, it brings up old aol id

OSXpert :

Sign Out

OSXpert :

Then sign back in with the new ID

Customer:

ok i tapped settings and the only sore on my settings and i get a sreen that says music, apps, books, cellular, and apple id which says its isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. nothing about sign out

Customer:

ok i found sign out

OSXpert :

perfect

OSXpert :

Type in your new ID, then try to make a purchase in the app store or elsewhere that is requiring your password

Customer:

i found it and retyped address and am trying it now

OSXpert :

Okay good deal, I'll be here, keep me posted

Customer:

says my i tunes store password XXXXX XXXXX so now all i do is change that to this and it should work?

OSXpert :

yes -- change your password XXXXX you should be good to go.

Customer:

thank you . very helpful!

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well apple id and password say they are changed to gmail and it matches itunes id and password but still cannot update apps on phone as old aol accout id still appears as apple id
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
I see, sorry, I misunderstood your original problem -- I thought you just wanted to create an entirely new AppleID and start fresh. If you have existing Apps / Music / Books etc... that you've previously downloaded, I suggest you just change email accounts on your AppleID.

If all you did was change your email address (because you were getting too much Spam), then let's keep the old AppleID and change your email address. To do this, do the following:

• Open iTunes (on your computer)
  • Click Store at the top of iTunes, at the bottom of this menu, see if you are signed in as the old or new AppleID (it should say next to View My Account if you're logged in).
  • If you're logged in as the NEW account, click Sign Out, then click Sign In and sign in with the OLD account.
  • Next, click Store again and click View My Account
  • You should now be viewing your AppleID account information, click edit next to your AppleID (near the top)
  • Change the email address to the new email address and save
Lastly, follow the same procedure as before to change the account on your iPhone back to the OLD AppleID. Let me know how it goes.