OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

hey i have problem with itunes when creating an apple id

Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Can you explain your situation in more detail for me please?

Customer:

hey

Customer:

my problem is

Customer:

when im trying to make an apple id on my iphone and while putting

Customer:

my credit card they told me please contact itunes support

Customer:

and i tried several credit card from my family member and the same error

Customer:

happen

Customer:

but when i tried to make an account on other iphone from my friend it works !

Customer:

so what is the problem how can i resolve this ?

OSXpert :

okay, one sec while I look through this

Customer:

ok tyt

OSXpert :

still here, stand by...

Customer:

yup

Customer:

im here

Customer:

waiting :)

OSXpert :

okay, sorry about that

OSXpert :

so, you have an existing iTunes account, correct?

Customer:

nop i dont have one yet i cant create one on my iphone

Customer:

and i need to tell u something maybe it will be let u be more attention

Customer:

when i create account a free one and a paid one on my friend iphone all work fine without itunes contact support

Customer:

but when i put those account on my iphone and trying to purchase anything even if its free application

Customer:

they keep saying please contact itunes support

Customer:

when i trying to purchase anything

Customer:

a friend told me that maybe they blocked my serial number on itunes its make any sense ?

OSXpert :

okay hang on slow down, sorry but I'm having trouble understanding your responses completely.

Let me make sure I understand what you're saying. You have tried using a friend's AppleID on your phone (which works on their phone), but it doesn't work?

Customer:

yup i tried my friend apple id and it didnt work on my iphone and it works on his iphone and i cant create account on my iphone or do anything or any purchase

Customer:

because they keep telling me

Customer:

contact itunes support

OSXpert :

I see -- are there any other messages given to you from it?

Customer:

from what ? i didnt understand ur question ?

Customer:

many people told me that my serial number is XXXXX on itunes its correct or its impossible ?

OSXpert :

yes this is possible, how long have you had the phone?

Customer:

mmm like from 2 weeks ago i buy it from a reseller place

Customer:

so any solution for that ?

Customer:

if my serial is blocked there is solution ?

Customer:

your an expert and i think u have a solution please help me

OSXpert :

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like your iPhone may have been stolen (originally)

OSXpert :

does it work on the cell network? A lot of carriers will block the IMEI number if a phone is stolen

Customer:

yup it work on cell network

Customer:

all is normaly works

Customer:

expect the itunes

Customer:

i need to jail break or something like that may works ? or firmware version please dont tell me

Customer:

there is no solution

OSXpert :

I'm not telling you there isn't a solution -- also, did you restore the phone completely (wipe it clean and start fresh) when you purchased it?

Customer:

no i didnt do that

Customer:

but if my serial is blocked the restore will do ntn i think

Customer:

because the serial still the same

OSXpert :

yes, I understand, but the problem may not be your serial number too. At this point, the serial number being the problem is only a theory. Start off by restoring the phone with a clean firmware flash from iTunes

Customer:

if that didnt work

Customer:

give me another solution to make them all

Customer:

at one time

OSXpert :

If that doesn't work, then you're at the mercy of Apple. Think of it this way, there is no way for you to *make* Apple's servers stop rejecting your device, does that make sense?

Customer:

mmm anyway to change the serial number with jail break or firmware ?

Customer:

OSXpert :

The next thing I would do is actually contact Apple and see if they'll cut you a break

Customer:

so there is no way to change serial number or spoof it with any product or any jail break or any firmware ?

OSXpert :

no, you cannot change the serial number. Are you going to contact Apple?

Customer:

im going to restore and start fresh if this didnt work of course i need to contact them

Customer:

how can i contact them ?

Customer:

are u there ?

OSXpert :

yes, I'm looking for another solution

OSXpert :

I think you should start by restoring first...

Customer:

and u find another solution please search

OSXpert :

you can contact Apple next, I doubt the restore will fix the problem if it is a serial number issue

Customer:

so i can try them all at one times

OSXpert :

still looking, one sec...

Customer:

ok tyt hope ull find something ill be greatfull

Customer:

hey still there ?

OSXpert :

I don't see anything else. Frankly, changing a serial number is XXXXX (and illegal in some cases) because of how often items are stolen. Changing your serial number is XXXXX a solution, you need to contact Apple and work it out with them. If you purchased the phone legitimately through a reseller, then you'll have nothing to worry about.

Customer:

if u have a way to change the serial number ill be greatfull to you its not illegall for me i have them why they do that !!!

OSXpert :

They don't make changing the serial number an option because it would give thieves an avenue for selling stolen devices with no way of tracking the device and no way of enforcing repricussions

Customer:

but u have the way on how to do that ? to change the serial number ? and u dont want to help me please come on

OSXpert :

no, I honestly don't have a way to change the serial number, it's hard-coded into the firmware of the phone. You would need serious expertise and a hex editor to even attempt to change it, and if any mistakes are made, the phone would be rendered useless.

Customer:

oh ok so its really difficult

OSXpert :

I'd say more along the lines of impossible without special equipment

Customer:

mmmm there is a way to put ur iphone on the pc ?

OSXpert :

what do you mean?

Customer:

i put my device iphone on my pc and ill try to purchase and do all that thru the pc

Customer:

they will take the pc mac instead of iphone serial ?

OSXpert :

correct

OSXpert :

did you try syncing with your computer yet?

Customer:

i was thinking i need a way to authorized my itunes account

Customer:

on my iphone

Customer:

so when i purchased anything free or paiid

Customer:

they will not telling me to verified my account

Customer:

because i alreay authorized the account on my iphone

Customer:

is that a works way u think ?

OSXpert :

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying. Can you please formulate complete sentences and reiterate?

Customer:

on i have itunes on my pc right ?

Customer:

i opened it and create itunes account that mean apple id

Customer:

if i open that account on any iphone device

Customer:

they will require verification if i need to purchase anything right ?

Customer:

if i sync my iphone with my pc they will still give me verification on my iphone if i want to purchase ?

Customer:

if i sync my device with that pc will still required

Customer:

the verification

Customer:

when purchasing anything ?

OSXpert :

Yes. However, since you purchased the phone legitimately, you need to contact Apple support to get this taken care of. You don't want to be held liable for any legal issues if it turns out the person you bought the phone from stole it.

OSXpert :

are you still with me?

Customer:

yup anyway thank

Customer:

for the help

Customer:

anway thank for the help

OSXpert :

you bet, good luck

OSXpert :

If you're satisfied with the information you have received, would you mind clicking Accept for me? If not, let's continue troubleshooting until you've gotten the information you need

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin