OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

Apple ID problems contact

I have problem with iTunes when creating an apple id.

Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 4 years ago.

OSXpert:

Can you explain your situation in more detail for me please?

Customer:

When I’m trying to make an apple id on my iPhone and while putting

my credit card they told me please contact iTunes support.

Customer:

I tried several credit cards from my family member and the same error happened.

Customer:

When I tried to make an account on other iPhone from my friend it works!

Customer:

So what is the problem how can I resolve this?

OSXpert:

So, you have an existing iTunes account, correct?

Customer:

I don’t have one yet I can’t create one on my iPhone.

Customer:

When I create account a free one and a paid one on my friend iPhone all work’s fine without iTunes contact support.

Customer:

When I put those accounts on my iPhone and try to purchase anything even if it’s free application.

Customer:

They keep saying please contact iTunes support when I try to purchase anything.

Customer:

A friend told me that maybe they blocked my serial number on iTunes its make any sense?

OSXpert:

You have tried using a friend's Apple ID on your phone (which works on their phone), but it doesn't work?

Customer:

I tried my friend apple id and it didn’t work on my iPhone. It works on his iPhone and I can’t create a account on my iPhone or do anything or any purchase.

Customer:

Because they keep telling me to contact iTunes support.

OSXpert:

I see, are there any other messages given to you from it?

Customer:

From what=?

Customer:

Many people told me that my serial number is ***** on iTunes it’s correct or it’s impossible?

OSXpert:

Yes this is possible, how long have you had the phone?

Customer:

Like from 2 weeks ago I bought it from a reseller place.

Customer:

If my serial is blocked there is solution?

OSXpert:

It sounds like your iPhone may have been stolen (originally).

OSXpert:

Does it work on the cell network? A lot of carriers will block the IMEI number if a phone is stolen.

Customer:

Yup it work’s on cell network.

Customer:

All is normally works!

Customer:

Expect the iTunes.

Customer:

I need to jail break or something like that may works? Or firmware version, don’t tell me there’s no solution.

OSXpert:

I'm not telling you there isn't a solution also, did you restore the phone completely (wipe it clean and start fresh) when you purchased it?

Customer:

No I didn’t do that.

Customer:

If my serial is blocked the restore will do nothing I think.

Customer:

Because the serial still the same!

OSXpert:

Yes, I understand, but the problem may not be your serial number too. At this point, the serial number being the problem is only a theory. Start off by restoring the phone with a clean firmware flash from iTunes.

Customer:

If that didn’t work!

Customer:

Give me another solution to make them all at one time.

OSXpert:

If that doesn't work, then you're at the mercy of Apple. Think of it this way, there is no way for you to *make* Apple's servers stop rejecting your device, does that make sense?

Customer:

Is there any way to change the serial number with jail break or firmware?

OSXpert:

The next thing I would do is actually contact Apple and see if they'll cut you a break.

Customer:

So there is no way to change serial number or spoof it with any product or any jail break or any firmware?

OSXpert:

No, you cannot change the serial number. Are you going to contact Apple?

Customer:

I’m going to restore and start fresh if this didn’t work of course I need to contact them.

Customer:

How can I contact them?

OSXpert:

I think you should start by restoring first.

OSXpert:

You can contact Apple next; I doubt the restore will fix the problem if it is a serial number issue.

Customer:

So I can try them all at one time?

OSXpert:

I don't see anything else. Changing a serial number is ***** (and illegal in some cases) because of how often items are stolen. Changing your serial number is ***** a solution, you need to contact Apple and work it out with them. If you purchased the phone legitimately through a reseller, then you'll have nothing to worry about.

Customer:

If you have a way to change the serial number it’s not illegal for me I have them why they do that!

OSXpert:

They don't make changing the serial number an option; because it would give thieves an avenue for selling stolen devices with no way of tracking the device and no way of enforcing repercussions.

Customer:

Do you have the way on how to do that to change the serial number?

OSXpert:

No, I don't have a way to change the serial number, it's hard-coded into the firmware of the phone. You would need serious expertise and a hex editor to even attempt to change it, and if any mistakes are made, the phone would be rendered useless.

Customer:

So it’s really difficult.

OSXpert:

I'd say more along the lines of impossible without special equipment.

Customer:

There is a way to put your iPhone on the pc?

OSXpert:

What do you mean?

Customer:

I put my device iPhone on my pc and I’ll try to purchase and do all that through the pc.

Customer:

They will take the pc Mac instead of iPhone serial?

OSXpert:

Correct!

OSXpert:

Did you try syncing with your computer yet?

Customer:

I was thinking I need a way to authorize my iTunes account.

Customer:

On my iPhone!

Customer:

So when I purchased anything free or paid?

Customer:

They will not tell me to verify my account.

Customer:

I already authorized the account on my iPhone.

Customer:

Is that a works way you think?

Customer:

I have iTunes on my pc right?

Customer:

I opened it and create iTunes account that mean apple id.

Customer:

If I open that account on any iPhone device!

Customer:

They will require verification if I need to purchase anything right?

Customer:

If I sync my iPhone with my pc they will still give me verification on my iPhone if I want to purchase?

Customer:

If I sync my device with that pc will still required?

Customer:

The verification

Customer:

When purchasing anything?

OSXpert:

Yes since you purchased the phone legitimately, you need to contact Apple support to get this taken care of. You don't want to be held liable for any legal issues if it turns out the person you bought the phone from stole it.

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin