OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

Cannot log in for my email. Yahoo is not recognizing my ID.

Cannot log in for my email. Yahoo is not recognizing my ID. Yahoo thinks my ID ends with AOL. My ID ends with Yahoo.com

Then I am told my password XXXXX XXXXX and I get questions that I cannot answer - all because Yahoo thinks my account ends in AOL.com
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available?

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

I did not receive the new password. Please type it or call me at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Since I cannot get email, I cannot receive an email message.

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

Britton, once I receive the password, I'll try to log in. What if I loose you? Can I change my new password XXXXX somethingI could remember>

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

Please answer me soon.

OSXpert :

you use Yahoo for mail, correct? not A

OSXpert :

AOL*

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

Correct. Please answer my qwuestions.

OSXpert :

I would like to but I'm not clear on your problem, can you please explain it in more detail for me?

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

WHen I try to access my email I typeXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Then I type the password XXXXX I have been using for years.

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

THen I get a message that either my ID or password XXXXX XXXXX

OSXpert :

okay, sounds like someone may have compromised your account -- where does the AOL portion of this issue come in?

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

Next screen says they can help and they show my ID asXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and ask security questions. I cannot correctly answer their security questions because there must be a real AOL account who has his answers. If you can give me a new password XXXXX the screen says @yahoo maybe that will work to re-establish my Yahoo account

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

You cannot email me the new password XXXXX I cannot get my email. Please type it or call me(NNN) NNN-NNNN

OSXpert :

I am not part of Yahoo -- JustAnswer is a global support site. All I can do is point you to the Yahoo support page here:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=topics&y=PROD_ACCT&topics=TOP_PASSWD

OSXpert :

I cannot reset your password XXXXX I am not actually affiliated with Yahoo

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

I cannot use yahoo support because they are not recognizing me. I have tried that.

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

I will try again with your link.

OSXpert :

Give it a shot, I need to step away from the computer for a minute. Please continue to post your results here

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

However, you said that you emailed me a new password. Please type it in this message so I can try it before the AOL appears.

OSXpert :

I am not Yahoo -- I did not email you a password

OSXpert :

I do not have the ability to give you a new password. All I can do is help you deal with Yahoo support

JACUSTOMER-9d0pf5ru- :

That is the same info on you link that I have been through many times.

Customer:

Hi I got password XXXXX my IPhone. It would not work

Customer:

Now it appears that I have another email address. My address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Customer:

Please answer me. Are you able to help me?

Customer:

Shell I give up?

OSXpert :

Are you still available?

Customer:

it is all ok now thank you.

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin