OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I have the ipad two and is only 3 months old. I am operating

I have the ipad two and is only 3 months old. I am operating via wireless from my office. I can send and receive gmail, but cannot load any of the other aps. Just now as I entered my password, the ipad took the password XXXXX would not open. I tried to cancel, nothing. Tried to start again, nothing. It appears to have locked up. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you availale?

OSXpert :

available*

OSXpert :

Hello -- let's start by doing a soft reset on your iPad

OSXpert :

Are you available?

Customer:

yes. I have been typing but nothing has entered; now it is working

OSXpert :

okay, great

Customer:

I cannot execute the soft reset. Ipad is not responding

OSXpert :

hold the sleep/wake button (top right) and the home button (round, bottom) depressed at the same time. Hold them until you see a while Apple logo, ignore any other screens

Customer:

The white apple logo came up for a second and then the Itunes logo took its plac

Customer:

I d it a secpond time and tha white apple is now on the screen

OSXpert :

okay, great

OSXpert :

give it a second to restart

Customer:

I heard the ipad chime to tune in. I apparently can get in and now reach the aps. What happened

OSXpert :

Sometimes iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc...) get into a bad state where they need to be reset. This will happen from time to time. If it happens again in the future, use this method to fix it

Customer:

thnx

OSXpert :

You bet. Are you all set now?

Customer:

Everyting appears to be ok. do I just hit the I accept

OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin