OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin

my sister recently died. she was quite famous.

my sister recently died. she was quite famous. youtube is replete with videos and soundtracks of my sister's music with personal videos. i want to be able to download the youtube entries and burn them to dvd. in reality, there is no copyright issue (which is usually a problem) in light of the fact that it is my sister's likeness and music. i have a mac running 10.7. i also have toast titanium 11. is there an application out there that is straightforward and gets the job done?
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 5 years ago.

OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Sorry to hear about your sister, here is what I recommend:

OSXpert :

I like to use keepvid to download Youtube videos:

Copy the URL (i.e. from the Youtube video and paste it into keepvid. I like keepvid because it allows you to down the video and save it in MP4 format. Normally, Youtube videos are all in FLV format and will only play in Adobe's Flash Player.

OSXpert :

Once you download the videos you want from Youtube, you can burn them to DVD using Toast. The downloaded Youtube videos will show up in your Downloads folder

OSXpert :

Let me know how this goes...