Danh
Danh, Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years in System Administration
31918883

I cannot access my yahoo mail on my droid/motorola phone. It

I cannot access my yahoo mail on my droid/motorola phone. It worked fine until a few days ago. In logging into my yahoo mail from my laptop I was asked for user name and password. Couldn't get in clicked onto "my password XXXXX work" followed the instructions re-entering it as a "new password" I think. This same thing happened jus now. Could get into my email from my laptop, an't access my mail on my droid. What can I do?

So just to clarify, you are now able to log into yahoo from a laptop computer right? If you can, then I would remove the yahoo account from the phone and readd it ... and when you readd it, be sure you're using the exact same password XXXXX when you logged into the laptop. Something must be awry in the existing yahoo setup. If you just remove it and re-add it, that should clear it up

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is not working. I cancelled my existing yahoo mail account on my droid ([email protected]). Tried to re-register it but came back as existing and cannot use. I then clicked onto my existing account icon, tried to connect and was rejected yet again
So let's walk through it...go under the mail icon...what email accounts do you have there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I have email (red),visual VM, Yahoo, Yahoo Mail
which one has a check on it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
none except Facebook. Yahoo Mail has an !
can you select yahoo and see if you can delete it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, can't seem to. only comes back to add (create) a Yahoo account or sign into existing account. tried holding it down & pressing the options sign on the phone. Can't drag it either.
ok...so let's create a yahoo account. Enter the information that it asks for and let me know what happens after you've created the account.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Need to send and sms to sign up. SMS sent successfully. I typed in first name (robert) last, (heavner) & gender. next is "choose a Yahoo ID. It gives suggestions, I choose "custom". next I type in "[email protected]", hit go and it comes back w/ID not available (I registered it first back in 3/06).
No...that doesn't seem right. It's asking you to sign up? Sorry...I think you need to choose sign into an existing yahoo account instead of creating a new one. then you should be prompted to enter your existing information..maybe that was the problem all along.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It didn't work. Will try again, thank you. Have to return to work for next couple of hours. Will continue later.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It continually comes back "Error" Loogin to the account failed. Try again. What else do I try? I've tried this multiple times?
You're positive you can log in through the yahoo mail site with that account?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can from my laptop with little problem. The past few days however I've had to log in my user name and password XXXXX much daily rather that it automatically popping up and sometimes could not access my email. A few days back I clicked onto "my password XXXXX work" typed in my old and current password XXXXX it said " change password" I believe. So indeed, there was some problems accessing my yahoo mail but I managed to get through after doing that. Today I had to log in user name and pass once. No problems since on my computer
Ok. Can you walk me through the setup on the phone? Whats the first thing it asks for when setting up the email account?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
"Enter your existing yahoo mail account
And you enter the entire email address right? Including the @yahoo.com? Whats next question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I enter my entire user name "[email protected] Then password (6letters/digits
Ok. So whats after password?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I click Next and itgoes to "adding to your yahoo account" then comes up "error, Login to the account failed, lease try again"
Ah.. lets check something. You sure your phone has internet access? Can you try going to yahoo website from your phone?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it always has had. Currently I can log into google. I had to create a gmail account when I purchased the droid. I never use it only my yahoo mail. Never been a problem
I want to say your email app might be buggy. Try going to the market and download the yahoo mail app. Just search for yahoo mail. Lets see if you can add your account through that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also got "add account failed, account is locked. Sign in to Yahoo!via a webbrowser to unlock account
See thats why im confused. Log into yahoo we and see if you can log in at this moment.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still comes back "failure login to account failed try again. I have to head home so will be offline for an hour. Back to you as soon as I get home. Thank you for your help. It's desperately needed!
Ok. So you cant log into the yahoo website at the moment right?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
right. My Yahoo mail is locked
Wonder why. Did it tell you how to unlock it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Success. It just now unlocked. Did you do some magic. I went through the same login process I had tried numerous times and this time it worked rather that showing "error try again". Anything I should know to prevent this from happening again. Again, very appreciative of your time
No. But i suspected it had to do with something on the yahoo side. If it doesn't work on the phone check the website immediately and confirm the problem lies there and not the phone side. Im glad its now wlrking we've been at it for quite a while... hehe. Please click accept if you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I knew all along the problem was with yahoo, not droid. That's why I contacted you instead of them this am. If this happens again, where do I go on the website to check?
Well... you threw me off when you said it was working when you checked from a computer. That told me the account was ok... but maybe it was just intermittent. But next time it happens just confirm you can get on through the website then immediately turn around and try on the phone