MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

i found an unauthorized charge on my checking acct from the

Customer Question

i found an unauthorized charge on my checking acct from the apple itunes store. i would like to dispute this, get my money back, and find out who used my debit card info. for that transaction.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

**Please note: An "Answer" by me, or an"Accept" from you, does not mean the session has ended. So please remain patient with me and I will work
diligently, to resolve your technical question to your satisfaction.-Thanks!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• This has all the appearance of what Apple calls a potential fraudulent billing issue. I fortunately have seen this before.

Normally, when it comes to unauthorized charges with iTunes, you would contact iTunes Customer Service Support which only replies via email.

In such a case as yours, fortunately Apple does have an exception of support for more immediate assistance regarding that charge on your iTunes account.

All you need to do is contact AppleCare at 800-275-2273 and ask for I believe it is "iTunes Billing" and you will be directly linked with that group. All this particular iTunes department for Apple does, is work to resolve issues just like yours in regards to charges made to your checking account from the Apple iTunes Store are positioned to take more action for you.

This is the least path of resistance for dealing with an issue like this. Let me know if this helps.

This is my first answer, but certainly not my last, as long as this issue remains unresolved.

Please do not press "Accept" until you have experienced a resolution from this answer and are satisfied with the results.

Be sure to bookmark this page in your web browser, so you can return to it, in the event you have to reboot your computer or leave from this session for a period of time.

Until then will be watching for your next reply.

Thanks!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i definately did not want to pay more money to have this resolved as i was already swindled out of 40 bucks, but if it takes 78 cents to get a resolution, i guess i cannot complain. i am going to make that call now
Keep me posted if you have any further questions, as that is what we are here for.

But take a look at what you are seeking to pay as you may have to adjust that- you are not paying 78 cents, you have posted to pay 78 dollars for this question which from what I believe I am understanding, this may have not been your intent. Besides, that is too much to pay for a question like this.

As a result, I would recommend you re-evaluate that amount and as necessary, contact JustAnswer.com Customer service at [email protected] in order to rectify this.

Again, I will be here if you have more questions.

Thanks.

-Terry