Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cannot send e-mails with my g-mail account. The just sit

Customer Question

I cannot send e-mails with my g-mail account. The just sit in send box and when I try to send I get a message to put in password. I put in password XXXXX thought I used years ago when i set up g-mail account. Then I tried other passwords, no luck. I tired some on line procedures, but I sometimes do not understand the questions. I REALLY need someone to walk me through this! Am now wildly frustrated because messages haven't gone out for a couple of days and I didn't realize. Help! Can I talk to a human. It would be so helpful. Purchased applecare 0n Sept 29, 2009, agreement number 970000003861631- Mary E Wirz, cell XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
What program are you using to access your email?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am a know nothing, sorry. I have g-mail, I have mobile me, does that help?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
No what program are you using? When your are in your mail program the name of the program is listed at the top left of your screen next to the Apple logo.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Next to the apple it says Mail.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK you are using Apple Mail program. So sometimes emails go through but other times not? Can you receive ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, incoming messages are coming in fine, when I reply, or try to send a new message they go into Send and stay there, when I try to send from there I get the message that : STMP server rejected smtp.gmail.com and I need to enter a password,--- I have no memory of every having a password and have had this set up since 9/09 without ever being asked this. I have tried my favorite passwords in case I hit it right. but no luck