Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi, My name is Kelly. I bought a Macbook air from apple store

Customer Question

My name is Kelly. I bought a Macbook air from apple store yesterday. I am trying to download all the information from my desk top computer to my Mac book air. I have downloaded all the information on a passport and I plugged it into my air book. I can not find where the icon comes up to help me load it. It seems that my macbook is not recognizing the hard drive. Help please!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Click on any blank spot on the Desktop and go to Finder/ Preferences / General, check all boxes under Show these items on the desktop.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok now what do I do. I can find it on my desktop but not on my macbook air.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sorry what do you mean by desktop, is that a different computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I'm trying to download the information on my desktop computer wich is my old one to my new one the mac book air. I have and external drive the "passport" but when I plug it into the new computer it doesnt recogonize.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Is your old desktop a Mac or Windows?