Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

My ipod touch has no light when the power in is on. It work

Customer Question

My ipod touch has no light when the power in is on. It work just fine, just c'ant really see the apps without any light.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Two possibilities:

#1 - You have the brightness turned down. Go to Settings -> Brightness -> and move the slider to the right for bright.

#2 - You have a bad LCD. You can either take your iPod Touch to the nearest Apple Store Genius Bar ( or have your LCD replaced (by a professional) on your iPod Touch.

There are no other options to resolve this issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I did adjusted the setting and even try to reset the ipod as I mentioned before. I also had an appointment with Apple store.I was hoping you can help me resove the issue and save me a trip to the Apple store.

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
The brightness setting would be the only thing that you can do that would not require you to go to the Apple Store.

There is no software fix or key sequence that you can input on the device to fix a hardware issue.

To answer your initial quesion, if the brightness setting did not resolve the issue, then it is a hardware defect, which will require replacement of the iPhone LCD and digitizer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 5 years ago.
Okay, please tell me what realistic answer you are looking for? If you have a car that has a dead battery and will not start, a mechanic tells you that the battery has cells that will not recharge and you should replace the battery, would you tell him that "there has to be another way"? If the battery will not charge on the car, there is no way to "fix" that beyond buying a new one.

I am telling you that if the brightness setting does not work, there is no other way to fix it than to either a.) replace the LCD and digitizer yourself or b.) take it to the Genius Bar and have them either repair or replace it.

This is the correct answer to your question. You will not find another answer beyond your LCD is defective or damaged.

Thank you.