Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I no longer have on the left side of my computer screen the

Customer Question

I no longer have on the left side of my computer screen the following:

SENT FILES

DELETED FILES

These haven't been available for a couple of weeks. What happened/ Put them back please!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Can you give me a little more detail please, I do not have any idea of the problem
Are you missing half of the screen? What Sent files and what deleted files?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I am viewing my emails on my inbox, on the left side of the screen is a list of options from which I can choose all of which are under 'HOTMAIL' They are Inbox, Folders, Photos, Office Docs, Shipper updates, Messenger, Search Controls, Home, Contacts, and calendar. In that list, "SENT" and 'DELETED' had previously [for the last 4 years anyway] had been included so I can see the emails I have "sent' and the ones I have "deleted". What happened????????????
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Is there a small triangle like this one?
graphic
Next to the Inbox?
If so click it and your Sent and Deleted should reappear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Under the list of options that begins with HOTMAIL. It is no longer there for me to click it...where did it go? I have no way now to retreive my deleted or sent emails. You removed that from the list on the far left side of the screen. Apple told me to contact you and see what happened. Did you change your format?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Just so we are on the same page please tell me if you use Mac Mail (Postage Stamp).
Or do you do email online?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
email on line
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Then I am not the one you need, Hotmail online is something I know nothing about. I will output and let another expert help. Please stand by.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hotmail is a service that is run my Microsoft. Try installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I thought you were Hotmail help hotline...no? Who are you?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
justanswer.com a pay per question website.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I meant that an request for info but it was an answer of sorts and I hit the wrong button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really didn't need a Mac guy as I go to One on Ones at the Apple store often. They are the ones that told me to contact Hotmail which is who I thought I was contacting. I googled "Hotmail consumer help line" and I got you. That's what I hate about this stupid computer world! It is so frustrating
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Always look at the URL (the website address) when you think you are going somewhree you can clearly see justanswer.com in the website address obvioulsy not hotmail.com or live.com.... FYI