Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a problem with iDVD 7.0.4.

Customer Question

I have a problem with iDVD 7.0.4 When I try to burn a iDVD Project iDVD unexpectedly quits before it burns the project on to an actual DVD. But if I try to burn a dvd on another mac it burns fine. This problem only happens on my early 2011 13 inch i7 Macbook Pro Laptop.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
First let‘s check some things:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then go to Macintosh HD, then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My Operating System is 10.6.8
Processor is 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory is 4GB 1333mhz DDR3
I Varified the disk and it is ok. I also repaired the permissions and those 2 things didn't work for me.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Try burning to a Disk Image first.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I will try that and Get back to you!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Then do I burn the iDVD project with Disk Utility?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If it is succesful yes you can do that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried burning An iDVD Project to a disk image and that filed becasue iDVD Unecpectially quit again.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok go to Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences and trash