Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My I-Phone was restored to original settings due to software

Customer Question

My I-Phone was restored to original settings due to software issue. Now I can't get my old info into my I-Phone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Is the info still on your Mac?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a mac. I have a pc. The information is still on my pc
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK then plug it into the PC and open iTunes, select the iPhone on the left under Devices and then on the right select the Info tab. There you can setup your sync preferences.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've done that but the phone still doesn't show my contacts, game history, music, podcast, or books.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK I was just talking about Info since that was the question. Right click on the Device in iTunes and go to Restore from backup then choose the last backup
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I took the phone to the apple store the tech guy said not to restore from the back up because it would reload the software problem I was occurring ( the phone thought it wasn't charged even when it had been plugged in for several hours). Do you think I should restore from the last backup?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
The backup does not contain the actual software that runs the phone as far as I know, it is only the user info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It worked!!!!! Thank you!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Great!! Geniuses huh??? Thank you