Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

My email is with MSN.com - Im trying to use that address for

Customer Question

My email is with MSN.com - I'm trying to use that address for my Ipad and it won't work - how can I set this up
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please follow the steps below from your iPad:

1- Tap Settings

2- Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"

3- Tap HOTMAIL under "Accounts" on the upper right section of the screen. If you have more than one "HOTMAIL" account under "Accounts" please let me know

If you don't have any HOTMAIL account listed, please go to step 6

4- Tap "Delete Account"

5- Tap "Delete" to confirm

6- Tap "Add Account" under "Accounts"

7- Tap HOTMAIL

8- Enter your Name, Full MSN email address, and password, then tap "Next" on the upper right corner

9- You will see "Verifying" on top. If you get an error message please let me know.

10- If all is right, you will see a "SAVE" button on the upper right. Tap it

11- Press the main button of the iPad to go to the main screen

12- Tap the "Mail" app

13- Tap Inbox on the upper left corner

14- Tap "Mailboxes"

15- Tap Inbox under 'Mailboxes'

16- You will see the list of messages on the left. Tap them to read

17- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

18- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry you couldn't help me - your solution didn't work - I get the same error.
What EXACT error do you get? Please click "Reply to your expert" to let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no Hotmail selection and when I do add account and enter my email - it doesn't do 'verifying' but looking up account and then it says I need to have premium MSN service - it's the error I first reported.
I apologize, instead of "Hotmail", just select "Other", then tap "Add Mail Account" and enter your Name, your full MSN address and password XXXXX click NEXT. It should work. I have just tried from my iPad.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that's what I did when I saw there wasn't a 'hotmail' - it seems that there is something wrong with my connection - it's looking for pop3 - host and that isn't there
Then it seems the password is not right. Please remember the password is case sensitive (for example the letter 'A' is different than the letter 'a'). Also make sure you are using the right password trying to login from your computer from www.hotmail.com (entering and typing the password) and then click Sign In.

Does it work on your computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It works on my computer - just not on the Ipad - I'm very disappointed in the Ipad and will be returning it to the store
It should work. I have my MSN account on the iPad. Are you able to open any website from the iPad? Also, when you go to www.hotmail.com from your computer, do you enter the password, or is it already there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't do anything on the Ipad - which is why I'm returning it -
If you cannot open a website, then it seems it is not connected to your wireless network. Do you want to troubleshoot it? You need to tap Settings, WiFi, then tap your wireless network name. When you have internet then you can check your emails and open any website
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's working - couldn't understand why wifi wasn't working - works fine with my Kindle - thanks for all your help
You are very welcome!!!