Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

My iphoto will not open after clicking share (to Facebook)

Customer Question

My iphoto will not open after clicking share (to Facebook) on one photo. It is the first time I tried using this feature in iphoto. The photo uploaded successfully, but now I can't get back into iphoto. I have version 9.1.5 I've tried quitting and restarting my computer, but it still will not open. I also tried using the rebuild feature, but it didn't do anything.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode following the steps below:

1- Turn off your Mac

2- Turn it on and press and HOLD the SHIFT key on the keyboard, until you see "Safe Boot" on the login window.

3- Wait for Mac OS X to be completely loaded. (sometimes it's fast, other times it can take a while, like 10 or 15 minutes)

4- Restart the computer in normal mode.

5- Open iPhoto. Does it work fine now?

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi John.

I'm sorry but it did not work. Any other ideas?
OK, please restart your Mac and then follow the steps below: (DO NOT OPEN iPHOTO)

OK, please follow the steps below to verify your disk and permissions:

1- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock)

2- Double click "Applications" on the left

3- Now double click the "Utilities" folder on the right

4- Double click "Disk Utility" to open it

5- Select "Macintosh HD" on your right, then click "Verify Disk". If the result is NOT OK,
click "Repair Disk"

6- Click "Verify Disk Permissions". If the result is NOT OK, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

7- Restart your Mac

8- Open iPhoto now. Does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No this did not work either. Sorry.
OK, what happens when you try to open iPhoto? Do you see a "?" icon, or the icon bounces but nothing happens? Or maybe you get an error message?, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The box opens up and it is gray. I have a twirly ball that just keeps acting like it is trying to load. I left this for a couple hours, but it still did not open.

There is one other thing that I remember. When I clicked the share button to load that photo to Facebook, my finder started going crazy with a whole bunch of files loading into it. It freaked me out, so I dragged those files to the trash. Later on, I dragged them back out and put them in a folder on my desktop. Could I have damaged something by doing this, or put something in the wrong place? I noticed that my photos are still available in the finder, just not through iphoto.
OK, I am out of ideas for now and unfortunately I need to log off. However, I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you