Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am using a MAC computer to receive my e-mail. I receive

I am using a MAC computer to receive my e-mail. I receive mail through msn mail as well as hotline mail. Seems like I receive most of the mail through Hotmail and some of these I get through msn mail. I don't get all the hotmail messages through the gsm mail, which I consider my primary source of mail. I sent myself a test message using the msn mail and then using Hotmail. Is there a reason I receive more mail through Hotmail than msn? I am using the same e-mail address on both.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Sorry are you saying you sent a message to your MSN account and it did not show up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I sent myself a message usinng the msn mail and then using the Hotmail, and both came through on both the msn and the hotmail.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
MSN and Hotmail are the same thing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am repeating my previous reply, since I don't know if it weny through: If I receive 20 pieces of mail when I open the hotline messages, only some of those will show up when I open the msn mail (using the "stamp" on the dock.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Oh that is not MSN Mail that is Apple’s Mail application. Look in SPAM folder.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The mail I receive when I open the "stamp" mail, Under the "mailbox" column, it says Inbox - msn mail.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes I meant you have your MSN mail setup there but the actual app is Apple Mail. Did you look in the SPAM folder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No... where is the SPAM folder?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
It should be listed under the Inbox somewhere click on any Arrows you see to see what is below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you referring to "junk" mail folder?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes. If they are not there click on Get Mail.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cick on "get mail" but I do not get all the mail that I get with hotmail. Would youlike to do remote control?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What is the part of your address before @hotmail.com, I will send a test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I XXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX as my address when I use the "stamp" or when I go online to get hotmail mail. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
E-mail addresses are blocked here that is why I asked for only the part XXXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't whow quite how to answer your question because I do not use homail.com as my address, it is csulsona.com when I use both sources.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK then I am totally confused, what does that account have to do with Hotmail or MSN???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry... I gave you the wrong info... I didn' mean to say csulsona.com. What I meant to say was csulsona@ when using both sources of mail. SORRY FOR TH GOOF!! Instead of @ hotmail.com it is @q.com.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK but either way it has nothing to do with Hotmail or MSN. I am sending a test message Let me know if received
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received your test message by opening the hotmail but not the one using the "stamp".
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I don‘t undetstand hotmail is not q.com where are you seeing hotmail??? What website are you going to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am opening hotmail by going to hotmail on the internet. Then I am asking for csulsona @q.com mail.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Yes but how are you accessing your @q.com address in hotmail it does not make sense? Hotmail only has @hotmail.com addresses or @live.com....
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible that hotmail has my address as "XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX"?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK wait I see they use Windows Live as a partner so yes it might work like that. Go here and follow the directions to make sure your Apple Mail app is setup correctly:

http://myqwest.com/files/qwest/support/other_email_apps/mac_10.4.php
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.