Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Have a Ipod touch but cannot get connected to the WIFI have

Customer Question

Have a Ipod touch but cannot get connected to the WIFI have a lap top and 2 desktops connected without any problem but when I try to connect the IPod to the WIFI it shows it is locked and is saying I am using the wrong password XXXXX it is the same one I am using for my laptop andit is workning just fine hope you can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Try turning it completely off slide to off ,then turn it back on. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still can not get connected to my router it still is saying I am using the wrong password
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
restart your Wi-Fi router
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
router is working ok it is in my Ipod that some thing is locking me out from getting connected it is showing my internet connection which is strong but when I put in my password XX XX telling me on my Ipod that that password XX XXX wrong one.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I did not say it wasn’t working this is a troubleshooting step please restart the router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Restarted now
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK still can‘t connect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no still will not connect
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK go to Settings / WiFi and select the arrow to the right of your locked Network and tell me what is listed there under the DHCP tab
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IP address,subnet mask,router,dns,search domains,client ID none of these are filled out.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok then it is not connecting, select Forget This Network then try to connecting again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still not connecting
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure about the password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is the one that I am using to get my laptop on the internet.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK plug the iPod into your Mac and open iTunes and do a Restore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Dell laptop and I did a restore yesterday thinking that would fix the problem if I set the Ipod back to factory settings but as you can see it did not fix the problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK then I am out of ideas sorry. I’ll opt out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok then I want my refund ASAP
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I opted out which leaves it open to other experts.